Thursday, October 02, 2008


“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.” ~ Colossians 3:16 (ESV - emphasis Iris')

I have been so blessed through Iris' Thankful Thursday meme. It's a time of the week where I'm reminded to be thankful to God for so many blessings He has given me, and it's a time of reflection on the theme she picks as well.
We are called to thank God many times throughout the Bible. A form of the word thank appears in the NIV version of the Bible 144 times.
In Old Testament times, the Israelites presented Thank Offerings to God.
"'If someone's offering is a fellowship offering, and he offers an animal from the herd, whether male or female, he is to present before the LORD an animal without defect." ~ Leviticus 3:1
I rejoice that we do not have to sacrifice our herds (I don't have a herd!), and that we are free to present our thanks directly to God through prayer and praise, in the name of His Son, Jesus, who is perfect and without defect. Through Him, our praises reach God's ear and I'm so grateful for that!
God has certainly blessed me this week.
I'm thankful for my precious husband. He's a great guy! He loves me and treats me like a princess. (I'm not old enough to be a Queen yet!)
I'm thankful for my uncle's clean test results on his PET and MRI scans, showing no cancer.
I'm thankful that Kristyn's pregnancy is going well and that in less than a month I'll be a grandmother again to baby Liam.
I'm thankful for Nolan, our 13 mo. old grandson, who lights up a room with his smile.
I'm thankful for work. I work outside the home and I'm grateful to be able to earn an income that supports my book-reading habit, my internet connection, and my growing addiction to the Hallmark Channel.
I'm thankful for the health of my earthly father. He had a minor complication from his pacemaker surgery that were found during a check-up, but it should resolve itself on it's own.
I'm thankful for medicine that controls the illnesses of the earthly body I live in.
I'm thankful for all of my Bibles. I love reading the Word of God, and whichever one I am reading from, I feel blessed to have them in my home and to be free to possess one without fear for my life.
I'm thankful for my blogging friends. Ya'll encourage me so much and have spurred me toward a closer walk with God.
I'm thankful for my best friend who let's me whine when my throat is sore without saying, "Put your big girl panties on and deal with it! It's that time of the year, the weather is changing, you know."
Most of all, I'm thankful for God's gift of grace and the hope and assurance of Heaven. As we live our lives in these last days, I'm thankful to be a part of this crazy mixed up world, seeing prophecy come to fulfillment and eagerly await the rapture of His church. (Can you tell I watched Grant Jeffrey tonight, LOL?)
Hop on over to Grace Alone...Iris' place, where you will certainly be blessed by reading her post and the posts of others expressing their hearts full of gratitude to our Savior.

25 comments:

Addicted to Beadz said...

Laurie Ann,

Great houghts and list. Thanks for sharing!

Hugs!
Cheryl

Nancie said...

Thank God for His many blessings upon you and family. So glad to know that your uncle's clean test results show no cancer. Thank God that Kristyn's pregnancy is going well. May God continue to oversee her pregnancy and grant her a safe and smooth delivery. I am excited for you that soon you and family will receive a gift of a covenant child from God. Grandchildren are so precious! Thanks for your encouraging comment on my post and for participating in my give-away. Your feedback is really valuable and encouraging. Thanks for all your encouragements. Take care and may God continue to bless you with His peace and joy.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh such wonderful things to be thankful for my friend.
May God bless you richly today!

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I love your writing and your musings are very soothing.

It's 5:50 a.m. and yer awake?? I'm only awake because I have insomnia!

LAURIE said...

Laurie Ann,
A great list of thanks today! Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us and I am thankful for YOU! -Blessings, Laurie

Unknown said...

Ok, you are a winner!

And I have an award for you!

Oh the blessings He brings and how wonderful it is to come before Him with great thanksgiving!

In HIs amazing grace,
Jill

Melanie said...

Hi, Laurie Ann! This is one of my favorite times of the week, too. It is so wonderful to focus on the blessings in my life.

Happy day, my friend!

Debra Kaye said...

Laurie Ann,

What a beautful tt post. What a beautiful thankful heart you have. Blessings to you today, sweet sister!

Marsha said...

As always, You have blessed my heart, Laurie Ann!

You said you aren't old enough to be a Queen. My adult children gave me a t shirt one mother's day that said Queen of the World!

Have a blessed weekend.

Denise said...

Be greatly blessed beautiful friend.

NAVAL LANGA said...

To Ms. Patricia Warren

I have just read some of your posts.

I liked the way in which you put the words in creating the whole scene of a meaning. For other aspects of the writing, I shall talk later on.


If you are interested in reading short stories and other writings by an Indian author, do visit my blogs.

Naval Langa

GranthamLynn said...

Hi Laurie Ann,
What a great thankful list. And thanks for sharing the stats on thankfullness from God's word. That is really cool.
BTW if you want to give those great friends of yours a gift go over to my Wednesday post and grab the button and the song too if you like. Then come back by next Wednesday and link up and share about your great friends with us.
Have a Blessed Week.
Blessings,
Sherry

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

What a fabulous list! Happy Thankful Thursday to you!

http://crazyadventuresinparenting.blogspot.com/2008/10/thankful-thursday-29-days-of-giving.html

Joyfull said...

What blessings you shared with a thankful heart! I enjoyed reading them and rejoicing with you!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Hey there friend,

I'm back! I just saw I misspelled "thoughts." What a dope. That's my job is to spell correctly! hehe

Just wanted to congratulate you on your win. I didn't realize it was your first. I thought you had more.

Well, you've won my heart. You are such a treasure!

Enjoy you win!

Blessings
Cheryl

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

Your Thankful Thursday is like a devotional thought each week for me. Thank you! Husbands that treat us like ROYALTY need to make the list weekly, no!??

Anonymous said...

Congrats on soon being a Grandma again, that truly is a special blessing ☺ It was also good to hear that your Uncle is free of cancer, praise the Lord! I will be praying that your Dad’s pace maker issue resolves itself soon. Great thankful list, thanks for sharing :)

Darlene said...

Great list of thanks! I don't know where I would be without my friends who tell it like it is! LOL
I have been told not so long ago to put my big girl panties on. LOL
I am still trying...but some days you just want whine! LOL
Thanks for sharing and bringing a smile to my face.
Sweet Blessings,
Darlene

Speaking from the Heart said...

What an awesome thankful list. I am thankful that you are part of my world.

Leaon Mary said...

Hey Laurie Ann,
I LOVED reading your list this week.
Awesome...
I'm so happy for your uncle's good report! WhooHOooo
The verse you shared was interesting, and I hadn't really thought about that one before.
I'm thankful for medicines too and don't think about "saying thank you" for those and I SHOULD!
You are an absolute blessing my friend,
Lea
<*)))><

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Wonderful list. Your heart is definitely full, and you have much to be thankful for.

Unknown said...

So much to be thankful for! And I am grateful for each post you share! Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Your friend sounds like a great friend. Her comment made me smile! You're both blessed to have each other.

Great list. Happy weekend!

eph2810 said...

I too am waiting for His return :)

You are right, Laurie Ann. We do not have to be afraid of reading our Bibles - no persecution :) It is nice to sometimes read from different versions.

Glad that your dad and uncle are doing well.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.

Be blessed today and always...

Anonymous said...

I can tell that you all would love to Google "Wily Jeffrey," "Famous Rapture Watchers," "Letter from Mrs. Billy Graham," "Thomas Ice (Bloopers)," "Pretrib Hypocrisy," "Pretrib Rapture Diehards," "The Rapture Index (Mad Theology)," "Hal Lindsey's Many Divorces," and "America's Pretrib Rapture Traffickers." Great reads! Lori