Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Updates on the Grands




Imagine giving a precious 13 month old boy 6 shots. Today was immunization day for Nolan. I realize these things must be done but 6 shots? Puh-leeze! Nonnie would have spanked the nurses about it for hurting that baby. I'm told he cried bucket loads of tears, as did his Kristyn, and he kept looking at her while she was helping hold him down like, "Why are you doing this to me?" Later in the day he was running through the house playing like normal though. Go figure. His other grandmother has him tonight. She's expecting crankiness and fever based on years of experience with her boys. Poor Tabitha!



Liam weighed in today at 5 lbs., 13 oz. He has gained 8 oz and has been deemed a "keeper" by the doctor. Kristyn laughs that the doctor refers to her babies in terms of fishing, hah hah. Liam's nickname is "Fish", but that's another post. Also, his jaundice level is still dropping so we're praising the Lord for a healthy baby. Corey is out of town tonight, so Kristyn is spending a quiet night at home with the baby. While he sleeps, she's catching up on housework and some zzz's herself!




4 comments:

Peggy said...

Blessings Laurie Ann...Love your photos and babies! I'm with you pleasseee...6 at once, even I wouldn't take that! Brave boy Nolan! Your mommy & Nonnie love you, they did not try to hurt you! I hope that other gramma is wrong and I pray Nolan has no side effects, pain, crankiness or fever that Our Lord protect him & keep him healthy & well! Such adorable sweethearts! Hope you both are better!

Denise said...

Praying for them to always stay healthy and happy.

Melanie said...

Precious, precious pictures! I strongly dislike "shot day" myself! My daughter is 4 and had 4 shots when we last went in for immunizations last month. OH, my... it just breaks my heart in a million pieces! She has calmed down a bit as she has gotten older, but when she was an infant she would cry so loud over shots that they could hear her throughout the entire dr office. I'm sure you can imagine how much that broke my heart! I know they are for good, but they sure are rough when given!

Mindy said...

Those babies are just so precious!