Monday, October 20, 2008

Nonnie Got to Rock A Baby!

Tonight was the first time we have seen our newest grandson since the day after his birth. He celebrated his two week old birthday today at 3:20 p.m. and is 5 lbs., 5 oz. He goes back to the doctor tomorrow for a check-up and to get his weight checked. I'm guessing he's at least back up to 5 lbs., 9 oz. This child eats like there is no tomorrow! He was so cute! And tiny. But he knows when it's time to eat! He was supposed to eat at 8:00 and about 7:45 he started rooting for supper. Couldn't help him out, so I re-positioned him and then he sucked on my cheek! Is that not adorable? Newborn Baby Slobber - is there anything sweeter?!?

I'm partial, but is this not the most precious child? He's an absolute doll. He is perfect from hair follicles to toenails. Of course, I said the same thing about his older brother when he was born. I remain convinced that babies are PERFECTION.
When I say that Nonnie got to rock a baby, that's what I always tell my grandson when it's naptime or bedtime if he's at our house, or even if he's feeling bad. I'll say, "Let Nonnie rock a baby." In a gushy baby voice. He loves it. He's 13 months old. What else is he gonna do but love it when Nonnie rocks a baby? I'm praying Liam loves to be rocked, too. He did tonight!

Here are a few pictures for you to fawn over enjoy. I can't help it! I'm one proud Nonnie! My bonus daughter, son-in-law, and grandsons are important to me....they are a gift from God and I am reminded of the blessing of having children in my life even though there is no living fruit of my womb.
Grandchildren are the crown of the aged...(Proverbs 17:6 ESV)




















9 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm with you, Laurie Ann... babies are perfection! So glad you got to enjoy some precious time with him this evening.

Denise said...

Beyond precious sweetie, love you.

Amydeanne said...

awww nothing like a sweet baby picture to melt my heart!

Addicted to Beadz said...

He is so precious!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl

LAURIE said...

He is beautiful!!! What a blessing.

Mindy said...

He is a doll and so tiny! What a sweet blessing!

Leaon Mary said...

Wreeet wreeew! That is one BEEEEAUTIFUL BLESSING!
Lea

Anonymous said...

Aww cuteness!! K. looks happy in her photo and Steve is looking really good and healthy! He has such nice blue eyes.

You're looking pretty too. :-)

bp said...

Awww, how sweet! Glad I came to look.