Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Funnies is hosted by Kim at Homesteader's Heart. Please visit her blog for more jokes and to participate. I love this light-hearted meme! Thanks, Kim!
Here are my 2 contributions for today....

R.I.P.

When I was a young minister, a funeral director asked me to hold a grave side service for a homeless man with no family or friends. The funeral was to be at a cemetery way out in the country. This was a new cemetery and this man was the first to be laid to rest there.

I was not familiar with the area and became lost. Being a typical man, of course, I did not ask for directions. I finally found the cemetery about an hour late. The back hoe was there and the crew was eating their lunch. The hearse was nowhere to be seen.

I apologized to the workers for being late. As I looked into the open grave, I saw the vault lid already in place. I told the workers I would not keep them long, but that this was the proper thing to do. The workers, still eating their lunch, gathered around the opening.

I was young and enthusiastic and poured out my heart and soul as I preached. The workers joined in with, "Praise the Lord," "Amen," and "Glory!" I got so into the service that I preached and preached and preached, from Genesis to The Revelation.

When the service was over, I said a prayer and walked to my car. As I opened the door, I heard one of the workers say, "I never saw anything like that before and I've been putting in septic systems for twenty years."

Life After Death

A boss asked one of his employees, "Do you believe in life after death?"

"Yes, sir," replied the new employee.

"I thought you would," said the boss. "Yesterday after you left to go to your grandmother's funeral, she stopped in to see you!"


Happy Friday, ya'll!


10 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Bwah ha ha! I almost had smoothie come out of my nose with that first one lol. They are both too funny my friend. Thanks for helping spread some funny today!
Hugs to you.
Kim

Debra Kaye said...

Laurie Ann,

Now that is funny! Happy Friday to you! I pray you are feeling better!

SophieMae said...

ROFL! That was hysterical! Thanks for giving me a merry heart this morning!

Have a JESUS-filed day! ^i^

Michele Williams said...

So funny! Thanks for the laugh

Anonymous said...

Those were great! Thanks for the midday chuckle!

Amydeanne said...

lol too funny! thanks for making my friday a little funnier!

He & Me + 3 said...

Having a Pastor for a father...made that story even more funny. I am dying over here...no pun intended.

Sunny Shell said...

Precious Laurie Ann,

These ARE GREAT! I'm just a cracking up!!!

I was just praying for you and your Christian co-worker. How are you feeling? Are you all better?

I will continue to pray for you and your Christian co-worker as I am POSITIVE God has put you BOTH there to be His salt and light! I'm so excited for you sister and so thankful for you as well!

Much love in Christ,
Sunny

Kathy C. said...

Oh no! Gotta love that first one, LOL. :)

Debbie said...

how funny!! thanks for sharing on your blog and your testimony on Laurie Lees they were a blessing!

deb