Tuesday, October 07, 2008






Luke 10 tells the story of Jesus sending out the seventy-two (72) men ahead of Him to preach the gospel to the towns where He would soon be going. He knew that in some of these towns the men would be met with resistance and trouble. He referred to them as lambs being sent out among wolves. The transliterated word for wolves is lykos, and was a metaphor for the cruel, greedy, rapacious, destructive men they would face.


Lambs are just the opposite of wolves. They are kind, peaceful, patient and loving. When you're a lamb, you're easy prey. I love that He sent them in pairs.


"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" ~ Ecclesiastes 4:9-10


Total strangers stumble across our blogs and we have such potential to make an impact for Christ on the internet. I remember the first time I stumbled across a blog that led me to your blogs...and now I love visiting you each day. The first blog I visited was Twinkle Mom's blog Sunflower Faith. I noticed a signature in her emails in an email group we are in together. I asked her for some hints and began blogging and haven't stopped since!

As evidenced in the verses above, there is strength in numbers. It's hard when we face this wolf-filled world we live in alone. I sincerely praise God for the Christian blogging community we have here and feel privileged to be a part of it. I don't know how it got started, who found who first and how it grew, but I believe Christ led us all to each other.

I pray we will have a good return for our work, spreading the Good News through our posts as we write the things God has placed on our hearts. May we, like the seventy-two, seek to serve God and go before Him proclaiming His name before His return. May we also continue to encourage others and lift our families and each other up through our writings. May we pray faithfully for the writers of the blogs we read as well as their families, for those who host memes such as this one, and for sites like the Internet Cafe, Christian Women Online, Proverbs 31 Ministries, etc.

I like to stay away from the "wolf-y" sites on the web and steer more toward ones that honor the Lamb. What are some of your favorite Christian sites on the internet? I love the ones I mentioned above, and you'll find some of my favorite memes on the sidebar. I'm interested to see what some of your favorite Christian websites are.

May you have a glorious Word Filled Wednesday. Please visit Amydeanne, hostess of WFW, to view more of God's Word through pictures and Scripture.

25 comments:

Marsha said...

Hi Laurie Ann, I just happened to pop in this evening... having trouble sleeping. I love the application you've made from this passage. Very inspiring. I'm with you 100%...we should stick with the blogs that honor the Lamb.

Have a blessed day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie Ann, I just came by to thank you for visiting Borrowed Freeedom, and for your warm welcome and prayers. I've visited your blog several times and really enjoyed it. Now that I have some time on my hands I plan to be a more regular reader.

Blessings,
Susan

Denise said...

Such a wonderful WFW my friend, love you.

Unknown said...

Laurie Ann,

I hope you are enjoying the book and being blessed! Did you remember to pick up the Faithful Servan Award?

Very good advice to keep our eyes on the prize - being led like sheep to the gates of heaven!

Have a blessed day!
Jill

Debra Kaye said...

Laurie Ann,

I am in complete agreement with you on this one sister. In fact, I have even been on blogs of people I have known and have been shocked and saddened and then 'blocked'! The blogs weren't about the Lord and were unhealthy for me to be there so I'm glad to be 'blocked' and the Lord led me to CWO blogroll and I've been blessed. I've been lifting up His name and throwing in a little bit about my family every now and then but I want to honor God in everything...even my blogging...I think that's the way it should be too!

Blessings to you this WFW!!

Kristi said...

We sheep need to stick together! I loved the photo and verse today. Blessings to you!

Melanie said...

Great post for today, Laurie Ann. I agree... this blogging community is the best and I am so thankful I stumbled on it last year. God certainly lead me here for a reason and I am blessed by it every. single. day.

Have a great WFW, my friend!

Tracy said...

Love this post Laurie Ann! I couldn't agree more. I've often marveled at the different paths God manages to cross. Blogworld is no exception. So grateful that God crossed my path with yours. You've been such a blessing. You're so right, strangers everyday are potential stumbling upon or seeking our our blog. It's so important that we use our space for God's glory!

My favorite sites are Beth Moore's site (especially her blog), Biblegateway, Steven Curtis Chapman.com, Focus on the Family, Family Life Today (I think I have links to all of these in my sidebar.)

Blessings today, sweet friend.
Tracy

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow. That was an awesome post. I started out blogging mostly about my family, but then I stumbled on the CWO blogs, & I was so ministered to, that I had to use my blog for the same purpose. So, I still post about me family, but am so thrilled to witness through blogging as well as be uplifted. Thanks for the great post!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Sometimes that is exactly what I feel like. A lamb among wolves.

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

What a great post from the heart of God. Thank you for earnestly seeking after Him and all things edifying to build up us sheep. Yes, may we all stick together and encourage one another in the Lord. There are so many wolves waiting to attack us...may we stand strong together in the Lord.

I, too, am amazed at the blogging community God has woven together and so blessed by each of you. I love visiting new sites on WFW and meeting so many women proclaiming God's Truth and glory.

Be Blessed today.

Michele Williams said...

I love the sites that were mentioned and also, www.restministries.org

I love your post. I always receive a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Truly we are lambs among wolves, good thing we have the ultimate Shepard, Jesus to lead us!

"I sincerely praise God for the Christian blogging community we have here and feel privileged to be a part of it."

I feel blessed you are a part of this blogging group too and am thankful for your wonderful posts, so the feeling is mutual! :)

As far as favorite blogs, you know I don't really have any favorites... It seems as if each day the blog that ministers to my heart changes. I guess because each day the needs of my heart and Christian life change. I think God just directs me to the blogs with the messages I need to hear or friends that encourage me so I can visit :)

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Isn't it amazing the avenues God uses to encourage us? God has used the posts of others to reinforce issues He was already dealing with me about. And I firmly agree that we need each other to face the "wolves"

Thanks for dropping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

Love this photo that you chose to go with this verse. Blessings on your week...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts this week. I enjoyed your WFW.

Some Christian sites that I like are Heart of the Matter and No Greater Joy. It's great to meet other Christian women online and be a witness for Christ through our writing.

Mindy said...

Such wise words....I especially enjoy Crystal's blog at biblicalwomanhood.com.

Susan said...

Amen and Amen to this post Laurie, what a WISE woman you truly are.

Thanks for the reminder!!

Blessings my friend♥

Carrie said...

Wonderful, thoughtful post!

DeeDee said...

WE are lambs among wolves. Thanks for this WFW!
Sweet Blessings,
DeeDee

Peggy said...

2nd attempt...
Blessings Laurie Ann...what an aMazing blessing this post is to all of us! You could have easily linked or been a part of another meme that started today with Sherry, The Journey Back on FRIENDS!!!

I love how you led us sheep from the wolves; from Luke 10 to how you got started to all you have met & what it means to be part of this Christian blogging community!
But the very BEST is the great advice of steering clear of the wolfy sites and follow the Shepherd to ones that honor the Lamb!

Outstanding & touching words that motivte me once more to focus in honoring Him more in whatever I write, even a comment! I can see the heart and hand of God on this one! Excellence!!! Brillance! You so deserve the awards & I pray that your inspirational, heart felt story for IC contest (which speaks volumes) mets and makes the TOP!

I'm so pleased that I can count you as a friend & be a sheep
in your pasture, grazing among His Word, Him & your precious heart!

Anonymous said...

I asked for permission to use a lovely picture of lambs recently.
I have not yet chosen my verse.
That is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Your photo speaks volumes. It goes well with the verse and your post. The lambs look so vulnerable, but in pairs they would less so.

Kathy b

lori said...

Laurie Ann...
I was late getting around LAST week and it's like the movie GROUNDHOG DAY..I'm late this week too..You know I love to go and really look at the images..and it seems that it's not till Thursday I can get around...

This was a great one...love the image and verse...

And look at you...awards galore...well deserved..I'm always blessed when I stop by!
peace,
lori

Alexis said...

Yours is one of my favorite "Christian sites"!! Love the image of the lambs... and what an appropriate verse!

I also enjoy focus on the family and family life websites, as well as checking out christian video and graphic websites. Fun stuff!