Friday, October 31, 2008


True Story

My father-in-law took my mother-in-law out jewelry shopping a little before Christmas last year. They looked in several jewelry stores and she spied the perfect ring. She tried it on and it was beautiful. Although Mr. Pierce encouraged her to get it, she wanted to think about it over lunch.
After a wonderful lunch of shrimp and steak, topped off with a delicious chocolate dessert, Mr. Pierce leaned over and covered his wife's hand with his. Stroking her hand lovingly, he looked into her eyes, thinking about the ring. He asked, "Mary Lou, is there anything you'd like to stop by and pick up on the way home?"
She thought for a second and said, "Jimmy, I need a big bottle of Maalox."
He laughed and said, "Oh, honey, it's Christmas! Get the big bottle. Let's go all out and get you the cherry flavor!"

+++

Please visit Kim, our hostess of Friday Funnies, for more laughter. Be sure to post your own Friday Funny there and link up!


16 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Too funny! Thanks for sharing! Have a great Friday!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh my goodness! That is too funny. Sounds like something my parents would do lol.
Happy Friday my friend.
Hugs.

Leaon Mary said...

heehee~

Melanie said...

Oh, that is just too funny!

Have a great weekend, Laurie Ann!

He & Me + 3 said...

That is hysterical. Baaa Haaa! Cherry flavor.

Debra Kaye said...

Laurie Ann...too funny, my friend.
How precious!

Happy Friday to you!

Speaking from the Heart said...

How funny. I am rolling on the floor and aching with laughing pain.

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

... but it begs the question: Did she get the ring???

Anonymous said...

That was funny :)

Mindy said...

LOL that is too funny!!

LauraLee Shaw said...

CRACK me up!

Pat said...

That guy sounds like a keeper!!

Did she get the ring? :)

Tonya said...

That is TOOOOO FUNNY! That very conversation PROVES they've been together A WHILE. LOL!

I stopped in to THANK YOU for celebrating Brent's birthday with us. It was such a blessing to have so many friends remember him.

It was GREAT meeting you.. Have a WONDERFUL weekend..

LOVE,
Tonya

Denise said...

That was very funny.

Jennifer said...

I love it! That's what growing old together is all about.

Thanks for stopping my blog on Thursday. I am adding your site to my blogroll...hope that's ok...neighbor:)

Tracy said...

What a hoot! Sounds like something I would say. LOL